Crossfit Football
Posted: 07 December 2009 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1632
Joined  2008-12-16
For those possibly interested in Crossfit Football programming discussed in the town hall meeting:

http://www.crossfitfootball.com/

Note strength wod on the right side of the page...done prior to the daily wod. There is a faq & a "new to cffb" tab at the top for more info.

Basic gist of it:
You don't need to be a football player to do these wods - it's just more strength biased than regular crossfit. 4 out of 5 days, there is a strength portion followed by a short (10 to 15 minute) metcon...one day is metcon only.

Carl (resident CFFB certified trainer) or Jim/Carole/Tara: If I misstated anything, or there's anything that needs to be added please correct - thanks!

For anyone else interested, feel free to weigh in here (as well as on your class schedule to turn in to Carole)... cool smile
 Signature 

No matter how bad you felt before the WOD, no matter how crappy and terrible and horrendous your day was up until the point that you walked in the gym, you will always feel better after the WOD.

Crossfit Lisbeth

Posted: 14 December 2009 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3551
Joined  2008-12-08
Chet,

You really want this don't you? I am excited that you are excited.....what AM time works best for you?

Carole
 Signature 

Fitness Nazi :0)
My motto:
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

http://carole-stevens.blogspot.com/

Posted: 14 December 2009 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-16
Yep, I'm pretty enthused about this program. Mornings in general aren't good...but we'll figure it out! cheese
 Signature 

No matter how bad you felt before the WOD, no matter how crappy and terrible and horrendous your day was up until the point that you walked in the gym, you will always feel better after the WOD.

Crossfit Lisbeth

Posted: 16 December 2009 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-16
Oh, yeah, definitely for super star softball players! Give it a shot...we need 5 to do it, and only have 2 (as of yesterday, anyway...)

cheese
 Signature 

Crossfit Lisbeth

Posted: 16 December 2009 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-16
Atta girl! cool smile

Shoot Carole an email on scheduling...fwiw, I'd commit to Friday 5:30 for cffb as well.
 Signature 

Crossfit Lisbeth